3:21 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Everybody pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy for my sister-in-law Emily and for my brother John Paul II. (Guys are involved emotionally in pregnancy too. Just say hospital bill 3x and watch the expression on his face! :- )
Ultra-sounds are great at showing to the world the preciousness of life.
Know little one, you are precious indeed; irreplaceable, unrepeatable, unique and loved by God! May you have a disposition of holiness and prayer, fulfill the life plan granted to you alone and may no human weakness or evil influence stand in the way of God's path for you and may you live it with conviction, saintliness, moral integrity, humility, prayerfulness and gratitude!
And for your momma, may your head only be as big as God Wants it and not a millimeter more!
2:45 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
The most important regulatory exercise in the monastery is keeping the schedule of the house. Knowing myself as I do, the external structure of a constant schedule helps me stay on task and focused. Before coming here I was working as much as I could with a hap-hazard schedule, inconsistent eating times, driving long hours for tech jobs and doing whatever I could to make ends meet. Oftentimes daily duties would get set aside, prayer life and relationships would suffer and my body would take a beating. Long hours of work and no play, makes a man hasty, anxious and scattered. Now that I'm in the monastery, following a schedule of prayer, work, meals, cleaning and recreation, more gets accomplished with less stress and more regularity. I have more time to do internal reviewing too, which means looking at my weaknesses so I can grow in virtue. What a blessings! Thanks Jesus and Mary, St. Peter Nolasco and all those great prayer warriors back home and abroad who've made this happen! Hope you receive a great reward in heaven for all your support and maybe God Will let you see the fruit of your prayers soon :-)
1:40 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Br. Dominic enjoying a brisk morning shovel while the winds bites back. Caprini College cancelled classes adding another day to their early Spring Break...what's our dedicated brother doing? He's the first shoveler hitting the pavement this morning. I better grab a shovel fast and catch up!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
1:15 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Out with the old, in with the new. A good theme for Lent. Blessed Mother has Her eye on our old one, or maybe looking out for that workman getting pummeled by snow!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
10:26 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
7:05 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
As you walk in the Mercedarian convent in LeRoy, New York you notice a singular quote from the constitutions. It is reminiscent of the spirituality of St. Louis de Montfort and Pope John Paul II. Better yet, it speaks of that heroic maxim known by those who choose the religious life: give it all to God and never look back, with your heart blazing with love for Jesus and Mary and an inexhaustible love for souls! May the whole world be inflamed by the fire of Divine Love!
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- My niece Sammy-Sams
- Samantha fan page!
- My new niece/nephew
- Order in the monastery
- Need boots!
- Snow effects around the monastery
- Up one sidewalk and down another
- Windy morning walk to mass, then time to shovel
- New dryer today while the winds blow in a new stor...
- Fr. Michael Rock recieves Fr. Baker award in Dioce...
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes second continuance
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes continued
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Winter wane
- Convent quote
- Cathedral of Saint Joseph in Buffalo, New York
- The final touches of our pizza pie!
- Br. Matthew tosses a pizza for dinner!
- My first trip to Le Roy novitiate
- Dig out the snow, bring in the sunshine!
- Shovel time!
- Despite inclimate weather, Mercedarians walk to fe...
- Feb. 10 snowstorm
- This is just the beginning...we dug 6 inches out, ...
- Heavy snow today, good for SNOW FIGHT!!!
- Digging out of Feb. 10th snowstorm. A wet one!
- Father Joseph drives Our Lord to the sick
- Our Lady of Fatima greets you at the door
- Dining room and kitchen
- Crucifix in the pantry
- Avid photographer self-portrait
- Our beloved house chapel
- Our beautiful living room
- Inside Our Lady's Monastery of Mercy
- Digging out of the Feb. 6th snowstorm!
- Off to Saturday Salve
- Postulancy Horarium (Prayer schedule)
- Witness of confession
- ▼ February (39)