Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Nursing home


Fr. Eugene, my novice master, had me come with him to mass at local nursing home here in LeRoy. 195 beds! We met in the lunch room and set up an ad hoc altar amidst about 20 residents. I had a conversation with a resident who wanted to know if it was okay for her to sit in on mass, even though she wasn't catholic. Recognizing her good intentions, I said, "yes", and then began to tell the story of Scott Hahn's conversion story that involved sitting in the back of a catholic mass and discovering how much scripture was in the mass, how it all made sense the way it was put together. After mass, Father went around to several rooms and distributed Our Eucharistic Lord to those who were bedridden. What a graced time to bring Jesus to people!

I also had an opportunity to talk about St. Joseph. How God chose him in all of time for to be the earthly provider and protector of the Blessed Virgin Mary. And so, God was also giving us a model saint to call upon to provide and protect us as well in our lives and needs. Looking to pay off a house, I told her to pray to St. Joseph or Our Lady of Good Remedy.

What a great day when you get to talk about the faith with those who are open and believing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Patrick
Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
View my complete profile

Followers