Friday, August 20, 2010
4:35 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
My monthly book report is coming due at the end of August so I'm starting to piece together my paper, despite my occasional blocks. Here are some notable quotes from our beloved Pope Benedict XVI, writing as Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger:
"Morality retains its seriousness only where there is forgiveness--real forgiveness ensured by authority; otherwise it lapses back into the pure empty conditional." pg. 151
"He who loves desires to know." pg. 130
"If loving Christ implies getting to know him, it follows that the willingness to undertake committed and careful study is a sign of the seriousness of one's vocation ad of the earnest inward search for intimacy with him." pg. 130
"...throughout her history, the Church will have to apply constant care that an excess of human structures does not disguise her authentic spiritual center." pg. 94
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- Mercedarian Formation: Solemnity of Saint Raymond ...
- Solemnity of Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Novice master quotes
- First book report of novitiate
- Weekend visitors2
- Weekend visitors....
- Thoughts of religious life
- Catechesis conference
- Sunset at Mercygrove
- Lunch at the convent
- Called to Communion
- Off to grocery shopping...
- Nursing home
- St. Joseph Oratory
- Br. David gets air
- Our Lady and Lord: Pieta
- Church as body of Christ
- ▼ August (18)