Thursday, January 28, 2010
4:46 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
One of my Thursday duties is to hit the sidewalks and deliver bread from a local baker. This little delivery is received with smiles and gives me an opportunity to meet the neighborhood families. Who would refuse a guy bearing two big bags of custom made bread? Being the new guy on the block, just under a month now, I enjoy the opportunity to pick up conversations and hear that Philadelphia accent. We don't have the south Philly accent back in southern Kentucky!
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- How did I get here?
- Front of the Monastery of Our Lady of Mercy
- Selections of art at the Philadelphia Art Museum
- A fine unique picture of Our Lord Jesus
- Mental muscle
- Here is the cook in the kitchen. Don't miss the h...
- Dragoon soup
- Gathered at table in the upper room of the Chinese...
- Half walnuts with breaded jumbo shrimp drizzled wi...
- China Town restaurant pick
- Delivering bread
- Br. James 40th birthday outing
- ▼ January (12)