Friday, February 26, 2010
2:45 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
The most important regulatory exercise in the monastery is keeping the schedule of the house. Knowing myself as I do, the external structure of a constant schedule helps me stay on task and focused. Before coming here I was working as much as I could with a hap-hazard schedule, inconsistent eating times, driving long hours for tech jobs and doing whatever I could to make ends meet. Oftentimes daily duties would get set aside, prayer life and relationships would suffer and my body would take a beating. Long hours of work and no play, makes a man hasty, anxious and scattered. Now that I'm in the monastery, following a schedule of prayer, work, meals, cleaning and recreation, more gets accomplished with less stress and more regularity. I have more time to do internal reviewing too, which means looking at my weaknesses so I can grow in virtue. What a blessings! Thanks Jesus and Mary, St. Peter Nolasco and all those great prayer warriors back home and abroad who've made this happen! Hope you receive a great reward in heaven for all your support and maybe God Will let you see the fruit of your prayers soon :-)
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- My niece Sammy-Sams
- Samantha fan page!
- My new niece/nephew
- Order in the monastery
- Need boots!
- Snow effects around the monastery
- Up one sidewalk and down another
- Windy morning walk to mass, then time to shovel
- New dryer today while the winds blow in a new stor...
- Fr. Michael Rock recieves Fr. Baker award in Dioce...
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes second continuance
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes continued
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Winter wane
- Convent quote
- Cathedral of Saint Joseph in Buffalo, New York
- The final touches of our pizza pie!
- Br. Matthew tosses a pizza for dinner!
- My first trip to Le Roy novitiate
- Dig out the snow, bring in the sunshine!
- Shovel time!
- Despite inclimate weather, Mercedarians walk to fe...
- Feb. 10 snowstorm
- This is just the beginning...we dug 6 inches out, ...
- Heavy snow today, good for SNOW FIGHT!!!
- Digging out of Feb. 10th snowstorm. A wet one!
- Father Joseph drives Our Lord to the sick
- Our Lady of Fatima greets you at the door
- Dining room and kitchen
- Crucifix in the pantry
- Avid photographer self-portrait
- Our beloved house chapel
- Our beautiful living room
- Inside Our Lady's Monastery of Mercy
- Digging out of the Feb. 6th snowstorm!
- Off to Saturday Salve
- Postulancy Horarium (Prayer schedule)
- Witness of confession
- ▼ February (39)