Wednesday, February 3, 2010
11:52 AM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
One of the habits my friends and I had back home was weekly visits to the confessional. Unbeknownst to me prior to my reversion, a regular habit of confession gives your soul spiritual strength to overcome even the most difficult faults. There were times I would need to go several days in a row until I gained the grace to overcome. I truly admire my friends back home who have been so instrumental and supportive in reminding me to go to confession. It is a special person who has the courage to invite you to go to confession. So I was impressed when a Mercedarian priest asked if I'd like to go to confession at a downtown parish. What a beautiful way of humbly expressing our faith! You don't hear about the faithful going to confession enough, and it is nearly unheard of, that a priest goes to confession, much less ask if you'd like to go too. Later I found out this is a regular practice with the Mercedarian friars. This witness touched my heart! Here was another reason I wanted to be a part of this order; meekness, courage and humility. They aren't afraid to admit their wrongs and do something about it. I hope others are inspired to follow this example too. Jesus and Mary give us holy priests, religious and lay faithful!
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- My niece Sammy-Sams
- Samantha fan page!
- My new niece/nephew
- Order in the monastery
- Need boots!
- Snow effects around the monastery
- Up one sidewalk and down another
- Windy morning walk to mass, then time to shovel
- New dryer today while the winds blow in a new stor...
- Fr. Michael Rock recieves Fr. Baker award in Dioce...
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes second continuance
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes continued
- Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Winter wane
- Convent quote
- Cathedral of Saint Joseph in Buffalo, New York
- The final touches of our pizza pie!
- Br. Matthew tosses a pizza for dinner!
- My first trip to Le Roy novitiate
- Dig out the snow, bring in the sunshine!
- Shovel time!
- Despite inclimate weather, Mercedarians walk to fe...
- Feb. 10 snowstorm
- This is just the beginning...we dug 6 inches out, ...
- Heavy snow today, good for SNOW FIGHT!!!
- Digging out of Feb. 10th snowstorm. A wet one!
- Father Joseph drives Our Lord to the sick
- Our Lady of Fatima greets you at the door
- Dining room and kitchen
- Crucifix in the pantry
- Avid photographer self-portrait
- Our beloved house chapel
- Our beautiful living room
- Inside Our Lady's Monastery of Mercy
- Digging out of the Feb. 6th snowstorm!
- Off to Saturday Salve
- Postulancy Horarium (Prayer schedule)
- Witness of confession
- ▼ February (39)