Monday, July 19, 2010
10:46 AM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
One of the focuses in our classes is the Catholic Church, what it means, how it was established, importance, scriptural grounding, authority, etc. I read a book by Cardinal Ratzinger's books, Called to Communion. We are also reading excerpts from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I showed Fr. Eugene some apologetic books by Catholic Answers that talk about the Church, especially their 11 book volume that address certain categories of apologetics. I have 4 books to read on the topics too so I have a lot of work to do. I'll ask my heavenly teachers, saints who I've assigned that job, to intercede and help me get through it with as much retention, focus, attention and grace to receive the best learning from the reading.
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- Great weather, great reading, great photography
- St. Maximus early Christian martyr
- Sunset in front of Mercygrove
- Prayers going out to all people
- First day at the nursing home
- 2 weeks
- Angels and Saints
- Rainy day at the grove
- Receiving Mercedarian practice habit for novitiate...
- Sunset sets Our Lady apart
- Front yard of Mercygrove at edge of night
- Early Mercedarian martyrs
- Simple yard shots
- Martyrdom and religious life
- The Church
- Family fun in Philly
- Day of prayer and reading
- Story of a Mercedarian Martyr
- Flowers from the novitiate
- Saturday at the novitiate
- The habit
- Running the schedule
- Feast day of Kateri Tekakwitha yesterday
- Rite of Initiation at the beginning of the Novitia...
- Sunset at Mercygrove Novitiate
- Received habit...
- Arrived at Novitiate...
- ▼ July (27)