Monday, July 19, 2010
8:49 AM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Overcast skies and Br. Martin has left on his much anticipated vacation with Fr. Matthew Phelan across the US of A. So we are a brother short in our community here at Mercygrove. I did an hour on the treadmill yesterday and an extra Rosary around the property and let the blood sucking mosquitos have another annoying feast on me while I captured some shots in the front yard, trying not to twist my ankle on the many ground hog holes. One of these days I'm going to be setting up a shot while my foot is on the top of one of those groundhog holes and the whole lot of them are going to come to rescue of their stopped compadre...and then, I'll see the white of their eyes and have to run or fight...and see the real number of those furry rascals! We are inundated with them here. I'm going to camp out next to one of their holes, at a safe distance, and catch a shot of them, eventually, in a bug suit...I wish.
I have class now...
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- Great weather, great reading, great photography
- St. Maximus early Christian martyr
- Sunset in front of Mercygrove
- Prayers going out to all people
- First day at the nursing home
- 2 weeks
- Angels and Saints
- Rainy day at the grove
- Receiving Mercedarian practice habit for novitiate...
- Sunset sets Our Lady apart
- Front yard of Mercygrove at edge of night
- Early Mercedarian martyrs
- Simple yard shots
- Martyrdom and religious life
- The Church
- Family fun in Philly
- Day of prayer and reading
- Story of a Mercedarian Martyr
- Flowers from the novitiate
- Saturday at the novitiate
- The habit
- Running the schedule
- Feast day of Kateri Tekakwitha yesterday
- Rite of Initiation at the beginning of the Novitia...
- Sunset at Mercygrove Novitiate
- Received habit...
- Arrived at Novitiate...
- ▼ July (27)