Tuesday, July 27, 2010
3:49 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Just got back from my apostolate at the county nursing home. I had my fears, but today was great! The manager grilled burgers and delicious hotdogs for everybody and a long row of residents made conversation to the new guy in white while we enjoyed the splendid weather. Thanks Jim and Sue for giving me something to talk about. God bless you and may Jesus give you perfect and long health!
I'll be going all day on Tuesdays and visiting all the catholic residents, who I'd count to be about 75 total on 5 floors. That's a lot of people, so I expect to start offering prayers and sacrifices for them as well as developing a regular schedule to meet them at least once in the next month.
The cooking there is terrific! I can't gripe about this government food. Well, you know how comparisons get you in trouble, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.
I had lots of great encouraging conversations and opportunities to hear the troubles where prayer is needed. So many sweet elderly people and plenty of good natured humor and grumpiness too. Look forward to going back next week. Great staff too...gosh, can this be that good? More human reality next week. May they be blessed with great care and holiness!
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- Great weather, great reading, great photography
- St. Maximus early Christian martyr
- Sunset in front of Mercygrove
- Prayers going out to all people
- First day at the nursing home
- 2 weeks
- Angels and Saints
- Rainy day at the grove
- Receiving Mercedarian practice habit for novitiate...
- Sunset sets Our Lady apart
- Front yard of Mercygrove at edge of night
- Early Mercedarian martyrs
- Simple yard shots
- Martyrdom and religious life
- The Church
- Family fun in Philly
- Day of prayer and reading
- Story of a Mercedarian Martyr
- Flowers from the novitiate
- Saturday at the novitiate
- The habit
- Running the schedule
- Feast day of Kateri Tekakwitha yesterday
- Rite of Initiation at the beginning of the Novitia...
- Sunset at Mercygrove Novitiate
- Received habit...
- Arrived at Novitiate...
- ▼ July (27)