Thursday, July 15, 2010
8:18 AM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
Br. Martin is preparing for his vacation and is whistling behind me with much glory and jubilation. The rains have stopped and we have a beautiful sunny day this morning which will involve an hour of work outside today. Perhaps I will have more power trimming around the trees. Fr. Eugene said mass this morning at St. Joseph parish church. About 10 daily communicants were there and the sisters. I have class at 9am and need to finish reading Dei Verbum and start writing a paper on my spiritual take on Ratzinger's book about church in communion. Today is my laundry day too, which means I'll be scrubbing the habit for the first time...lots of soaking and simple soap. I need a teflon coat for our habits to resist stains. Ideas anybody?
Peace and blessings to your day...
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- Great weather, great reading, great photography
- St. Maximus early Christian martyr
- Sunset in front of Mercygrove
- Prayers going out to all people
- First day at the nursing home
- 2 weeks
- Angels and Saints
- Rainy day at the grove
- Receiving Mercedarian practice habit for novitiate...
- Sunset sets Our Lady apart
- Front yard of Mercygrove at edge of night
- Early Mercedarian martyrs
- Simple yard shots
- Martyrdom and religious life
- The Church
- Family fun in Philly
- Day of prayer and reading
- Story of a Mercedarian Martyr
- Flowers from the novitiate
- Saturday at the novitiate
- The habit
- Running the schedule
- Feast day of Kateri Tekakwitha yesterday
- Rite of Initiation at the beginning of the Novitia...
- Sunset at Mercygrove Novitiate
- Received habit...
- Arrived at Novitiate...
- ▼ July (27)