Friday, July 30, 2010
10:53 PM | Posted by Patrick | Edit Post
That last few days have been great, hooking up with friends and getting into my novitiate books about the early martyrs, how monasteries came about, how the early Mercedarians figured out how to grow despite challenges of their day. God has also given great weather and photographs these past days, images I'd never image could be had. I'm grateful for Br. David's openness to being my model for shots and sharing conversation while I click my camera and use the last bits of daylight to snatch a shot here and there. Praise God!
- Mercedarian Novice, photographer, humorist, handy-man, fence-builder, prayer warrior, lover of Eucharist and Blessed Mother and Holy Mother Church.
- Great weather, great reading, great photography
- St. Maximus early Christian martyr
- Sunset in front of Mercygrove
- Prayers going out to all people
- First day at the nursing home
- 2 weeks
- Angels and Saints
- Rainy day at the grove
- Receiving Mercedarian practice habit for novitiate...
- Sunset sets Our Lady apart
- Front yard of Mercygrove at edge of night
- Early Mercedarian martyrs
- Simple yard shots
- Martyrdom and religious life
- The Church
- Family fun in Philly
- Day of prayer and reading
- Story of a Mercedarian Martyr
- Flowers from the novitiate
- Saturday at the novitiate
- The habit
- Running the schedule
- Feast day of Kateri Tekakwitha yesterday
- Rite of Initiation at the beginning of the Novitia...
- Sunset at Mercygrove Novitiate
- Received habit...
- Arrived at Novitiate...
- ▼ July (27)